Draft Programme of Events
REME Junior Leaders Reunion – 11th & 12th November 2011
Minutes from the re-union 12th November 2010
1) The vast majority of those who attended said they wanted another before we all get too old.
2) For record purposes the following picture covers the visit to the REME Museum on the Saturday:
3) At Mike Jackson “Josmic” website pictures are available of the Bramshill Hunt Lunch
No pictures available covering the Sunday morning departure from the Hotel in Wokingham due to the brightness on the November Sunlight!!!!
4) As so many have called for a repeat re-union we have done a bit of research as to what we could do and where we could hold it. I would appreciate your comments and hear from those who will be attending?
5) Firstly the Northern Guys would like the venue this time to be a little more central. I have had proposal for Birmingham, Manchester Liverpool and Stratford Upon Avon. PLEASE ADVISE YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCE. The most popular will win the day.
6) Friday 11th November Hotel Dinner as before, We will arrange special rates as before.
Dinner Reception 7 to 7.30pm.
After Dinner Speech’s by three attendee’s on the subject “My most Embarrassing Experience whilst I served in the Army. Votes from the audience afterwards will reward the winner with a Bottle of Scotch Whiskey.
7) Saturday morning event and Pub Lunch to be arranged for those staying over..
8) Return to Hotel in the Evening for those who wish to stay over again as before. An informal Party Dinner.
9) Depart Sunday morning
Obviously some will only wish to take part in part of the Friday night dinner re-union which we all understand. But as the last time’s Saturday evening was laced with some very funny stories, it promoted the idea of selecting volunteers for the after dinner speech sector on Friday at our next one.
Please let me have your feedback
Incidentally I’m assured by two members that if they have to, they will swim all the way back from Australia this time as they do not intend to miss it again.